About New Market Bank
New Market Bank began business on June 10, 1905 as First State Bank of New Market. Our original bank structure was a white framed building that was removed in 1913 to make way for the brick building that still houses our New Market office today. Arnold Vogel, grandfather of current president Bob Vogel, started with the bank in 1913. He continued working at New Market Bank until 1960 when he retired and was honored by the Minnesota Bankers Association as a 50 year banker. This distinction is also shared with his son, Wilfred Vogel, father of Bob Vogel, who received his award in 1995. Bob has been joined on the management team by his daughters, Anita Vogel-Drentlaw and Karen Vogel-Ramola.
In October 1988, a milestone was reached when the bank opened its first branch office in Lakeville. At that time our name was changed from First State Bank of New Market to New Market Bank. Since that time we have opened a second office in Lakeville and our first office in the City of Prior Lake. We have expanded our services beyond traditional banking to include a full range of mortgage and financial services.
As New Market Bank begins our second 100 years of operation, we continue to be a community bank dedicated to serving the area surrounding our four offices. The dedication and hard work of our staff has allowed us to grow and prosper, as well as provide us the opportunity to be one of a handful of truly independent, locally owned, banks located in the Minneapolis – St. Paul metropolitan area. Our goal is to continue the tradition of providing caring, personalized service that enables us to build trusting relationships that will last generations.
To view our Luxury Expenditure Policy please click here